Wednesday, May 23, 2012

COCONUT MINT KIFER ICE CREAM

Today I was in the mood for ice cream. However, I still don't want to waste my money on something that is  going to be harmful with a lot of sugars, fats, and chemicals I can hardly pronounce.  I  make my own desserts and, ice cream is one I enjoy making.  It is so fast and easy. Again, I take control of how I want to live here.  Do I want to feel energetic, or do I want to take a nap after a few scoops of store bought ice cream.   Yes you heard right.  I said scoops, and  since it's mostly ice you can have more than one scoop. I have so much to do on my to do, and bucket list, I don't have time to take a nap.  I did enough napping when I was sick.  haha.  I will go for the homemade probiotic ice cream.  So i'm sharing my recipe. Ingredients are easy as I ferment milk kifer daily.  You will need...
  • 2 cups ice 
  • 1/2 cup fermented milk kifer
  • 2 tbsp sweetener (I used brown sugar, and agave.  Any kind will do)  
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 tbsp dried coconut or powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 bag mint tea opened (fresh will work better)
I must say you will need a high speed blender that can handle the ice, like a Vita Mix, or a Ninja.  Add the milk kifer, vanilla, sweetener, mint tea, and coconut shreds and oil.  Blend till pulverized.  Add ice, blend on high and voila!!
Coconut Mint Milk Kifer Ice Cream.  Yummy.

I know that mint and chocolate is a good combination too.  But my Gheredelli's chocolate syrup just slid off the top. I know it's Gheredelli's but i'm not perfect.  But it's still oh so good.  Not too sweet either.  It made about 3 cups ice cream.  Note that this melts quite rapidly.  So you want to serve and eat right away.  Any leftovers can be put in a covered jar.  Before you use unused portion, you  shake in the jar and pour.  Now you have a mint chocolate kifer smoothie.  It's all probiotic, homemade and good.  So much cheaper and healtheir too.  

Get busy and try it for yourself.  Experiment in the kitchen with your milk kifer.  Have you tried green tea kifer ice cream?  It's so good and healthy, but so is blueberry.  Oh my goodness.  I could go on.  But another time.

Enjoy and many blessings:) 
Maryhelen

No comments:

Post a Comment