Monday, May 21, 2012

SPICY FERMENTED CABBAGE & KOMBUCHA JUICE


FERMENTED CABBAGE & KOMBUCHA JUICE.  A LIVE PROBIOTIC DRINK
Top of the day to you.  I remember when every morning I would crawl out of bed walked to the kitchen to start my morning brew of coffee.  I guess I felt the need for speed and thought coffee would do it.  It does to an extent.  But my body would always let me know it didn't like it.  Today my morning drink is this coctail I concocted using...
  • 36 oz. kombucha green tea vinegar
  •  1/2 cup fermented cabbage aka sauerkraut
  • 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (totally optional)
  • 1 clove garlic (totally optional)
Blend this all together.  You can strain the pulp if you like but I like the fiber too.  Pour in glass jars/bottles, and cap. Store in the refrigerator.  There it will continue to ferment at a much slower rate.

I don't drink this coctail just to wake me up.  My fermented cabbage and kombucha are both  probiotic so I just doubled my probiotic intake right?  Now that's what I'm  talking about.  Also it is not only probiotic, but remember cabbage is high in antioxidants, and phyto-nutrients, as well as fiber.  The Cayenne pepper is also loaded with these ingredients too. 

If you don't know the benefits of probiotics folks, start googling.  It's a wonder food.  Also the benefits of Cayenne Pepper alone has a write up here.  You do the research.  I will continue to test and inform.  By all means test for yourself and see.

By the way this drink is so tangy and tasty.  Better than any V-8 juice. Add some celery, or tomatoes. You will really look forward to it.  Be creative, get involved with your own health and take charge.

Enjoy, and many blessings  
Mary Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment